No matter what business you’re involved in, our aim is to help you improve it. This includes social enterprises, which are businesses run by non-profits that help the non-profit reach its goals. For example:
- a social services agency runs a bakery that employs at-risk youth and uses the revenue earned to fund its various community programs
- a hospital auxiliary runs a thrift store, with revenues routed back into health services
- a local market or food sustainability project collects fees for stalls and/or service to support local producers.
Social enterprises come in all shapes, sizes, mandate and mission. They also have as many diverse needs as any business (and at times, more). Common areas of support for social enterprises include:
- business planning and strategy
- marketing and sales
- systems support (such as financial management, inventory management, process efficiency etc.)
- business case development for grants.
Whether your non-profit already runs a social enterprise or is ready to start one, Basin Business Advisors can help.
The support is FREE! Contact us to discuss how we can help.
Attend one of our upcoming Social Enterprise Workshop.