Does your company have a long term position to fill and want to hire an ambitious youth?
Get Youth Working! can help with the cost of on-the-job and external training.
This program offers eligible employers in Kootenay region a $2,800 hiring incentive to hire eligible youth age 15 to 29. Additionally, you may request up to $1,000 to purchase external training for your new hire.
- In business for a minimum of one year
- In good standing with WorkSafeBC
- Must employ new hire for a minimum of 3 months and 30 hours/week
- Employers will not qualify if employee is hired prior to signing a Get Youth Working Funding Agreement
- Unemployed, 15 – 29 years of age
- Has not applied for EI, not currently receiving and must not have received EI within the past 36 months; or 60 months for a parental claim
- Not a full-time student or returning to school
- Is a resident of BC and legally entitled to work in Canada
- Not be participating in another Canada Job Fund program
For more information and to apply to the program visit getyouthworking.ca.