Agriculture Succession Planning Workshop
Is it time to transition the farm? Planning the transfer of your farm business, whether it is to a family member or an outside buyer, requires advanced work. Not only is there land, equipment, buildings and possibly livestock to consider, but your legacy as well.
Succession planning addresses concerns before they become major problems and, if it is a family farm, aims to bridge the gap between generations of farmers. A good succession plan will also assist in a smooth and financially efficient transition considering legalities, taxes and timelines.
The Basin Business Advisor Program’s Agriculture Succession Planning Workshop is designed to help farmers explore options and to answer some of their questions in a six-hour period.
The workshop is presented by our Agriculture Specialist Advisor, Tracey Fredrickson, along with guest speaker professionals such as accountants, lawyers, insurance agents and Farm Credit Canada.
We will review:
- preparing your farm business for sale;
- tax, life and estate tips;
- critical issues; and
- settings goals.
Who can benefit:
- farmers who are looking at transitioning their operation to the next generation
- farmers who are looking at selling outside the family
- farmers who are retiring
- anyone with agricultural land interested in learning about the process
- farmers who have an agricultural business perhaps without land attached
- family members interested in entering the family farm operation
Workshop Cost: Free
There is no cost to attend but space is limited and pre-registration is required.
These will be full day workshops from 9:30 am to 3:30 pm. Please note a light lunch will be provided.
Workshop Cost: Free
Register online or call for information:
Register online or call us toll free to register at 1.855.510.2227. Please make sure you register at least two days prior to the workshop in order to ensure a seat.