Kootenay Shipping webinar
For many business owners, shipping goods within/ beyond the Kootenays can be time-consuming, unreliable, and expensive. The new Kootenay Shipping website aims to help with that.
As we launch this site, we’ve invited a panel of experts to discuss shipping in and beyond the Kootenays. They will discuss:
- Logistics and transportation costs and how businesses can manage them.
- What to consider when choosing a transportation options.
- How best to move your goods—from both the shipper’s and the handler’s perspective.
- What does a shipping broker do? How much do they cost? When should a business use one?
- What are your shipping options?
- Tips from experience (you don’t have to learn everything the hard way)
We will be offering two free one-hour sessions via Zoom video conferencing:
- Shipping goods around the Columbia Basin and Beyond (all goods)
- Shipping Food, Perishable Goods, and Temperature-Sensitive Goods*
*This session is specific to the challenges of transporting perishable/ temperature-sensitive goods including vegetables, meat, bottled, shelf-stable but not freezable, and other products of this nature. Note: if this is your type of product, you may benefit from both sessions.
These webinars will be interactive, with time for questions. If you have a specific question(s), submit it beforehand to email@example.com. Pre-submitted questions will help direct the conversation. If you prefer to ask a question anonymously, let us know and it will be read by a facilitator.
Note, these sessions will be recorded and made available to those unable to attend.
New to Zoom?
To attend, you will need a Zoom account and access to a computer with video, sound, microphone and ideally a webcam. Learn about Zoom here.
The Zoom link will be sent out to all registrants a day before the event. The link will also be posted on this web page the day of the event and on the Basin Business Advisors Facebook page.
For more information, call Alison at 250-489-4356 ext. 110
- Shipping around the Columbia Basin and Beyond (all types of goods), Wednesday, July 7, 12:00-1:00 PM Pacific Time
- Shipping Food, Perishable and Temperature-Sensitive Goods, Wednesday, July 14, 12:00-1:00 PM Pacific Time
If you want us to send the Zoom link and/or recording to you, please register here: