Basin Business Advisors Program Overview
Basin Business Advisors Success Stories
Our Main Services Include:
- One on One Business Advisement
- Me Inc. and ENP Workshops
- Supporting Social Enterprise (non-profits interested in or already making money through business activities to support their cause)
Owners of existing small- to medium- sized businesses in the Columbia Basin, including social enterprises, can access the Basin Business Advisors (BBA) program, which provides free, one-to-one, confidential business counselling and assessment services and more.
A qualified professional business advisor can provide:
- business counselling;
- a detailed assessment report of the business; and
- an in-depth financial analysis of the business.
Following the completion of the assessment, the advisor may recommend the services of business consultant to provide further analysis and recommendations on a specific area of business management. The BBA program provides a contribution to the cost of consulting.
Business owners participating in BBA program have the opportunity to:
- increase their managerial skills and knowledge;
- focus more confidently on long-term strategic planning;
- strengthen decision-making skills;
- reduce and better manage risk;
- improve financial control; and
- enhance human resources expertise.
Since 2000, the BBA program has been building economic capacity in Basin communities by providing support to Basin businesses—encouraging newly established businesses to grow and prosper and contributing to the successful management of ongoing businesses.
Funded by Columbia Basin Trust, the program is administered and managed by Community Futures Central Kootenay, with delivery of the program done in partnership with Community Futures in the Basin, including Community Futures East Kootenay, Greater Trail, Revelstoke and Fraser Fort George.