Have you ever wondered about becoming an entrepreneur? Taking your training or skills to a new level and running your own show? Launching a start-up? Maybe buying a business and running it? The free Me Inc. workshop is designed to answer your questions. In just 2 hours we will review critical decision points for making the transition, provide industry insights, support resources and other details like:
- what it is to be an entrepreneur (pros,cons, lifestyle considerations);
- types of business entities (for profit, non-profit, co-ops);
- business models (brick and mortar versus online);
- product types (pros, cons);
- common pitfalls and motivations; and
- how to get started (support services, best practices).
Me Inc. workshops will continue in various Basin communities throughout 2016. We will also bring the workshop to your community or organization for 10 or more interested people.
** NOTE: the Me Inc. session does not include writing a business plan.
Workshop Cost: Free.
- Golden: August 25th (6:30-8:30pm)
- Slocan: September 8 (2:00-4:00pm)
- Cranbrook: September 13th (4:00-6:00pm)
- Nelson: September 13th (6:30-8:30pm)
- Trail: September 20th (6:30-8:30pm)
- Revelstoke: September 27th (6:30-8:30pm)
- Invermere: October 4th (2:00-4:00pm)
- Nakusp: October 26th (6:30-8:30pm)
Operating a business within a traditional Non-Profit structure can be tough. We can help you to get to started on the right foot. The Social Enterprise workshop, offered by the Basin Business Advisors Program, is designed to help you explore options and to answer some of your questions in a 3-hour period.
- methods to evaluate the readiness of your organization to start generating revenues
- an overview of the steps taken in planning and developing a social enterprise (a non-profit that earns revenues)
- different models for making revenues as a non-profit
Workshop Cost: Free
Register online or call us toll free to register by phone at 1.855.510.2227. Please make sure you register at least two days prior to the workshop date in order to ensure a seat. If you do not see your community on the list, let us know and we will try to fit you in.
Succession Planning Workshops
Thinking about retiring from your small business? You have spent years building your business, but realize that it is time to think about retiring. Planning the transfer of your business to someone else requires more than putting out a For Sale sign. Now might be the time to get serious about creating a succession plan that works for you, your employees, your business and your community.
The Succession Planning workshop, offered by the Basin Business Advisors Program, is designed to help you explore options and to answer some of your questions in a 3-hour period.
We will review:
- preparing your business for sale;
- identifying potential buyers;
- marketing your business;
- legal and financial accounting ramifications and support required; and,
- common business valuation techniques.
Workshop Cost: Free
- Coming soon!