The BBA program offers both Me Inc. and Social Enterprise/ENP workshop
Me Inc. Workshops
Have you ever wondered about becoming an entrepreneur? Taking your training or skills to a new level and running your own show? Launching a start-up? Maybe buying a business and running it? The free Me Inc. workshop is designed to answer your questions. In just 1.5 hours we will review critical decision points for making the transition, provide industry insights, support resources and other details like:
- what it is to be an entrepreneur (pros,cons, lifestyle considerations);
- types of business entities (for profit, non-profit, co-ops);
- business models (brick and mortar versus online);
- product types (pros, cons);
- common pitfalls and motivations; and
- how to get started (support services, best practices).
Me Inc. workshops will continue in various Basin communities throughout 2015. We will also bring the workshop to your community or organization for 10 or more interested people.
** NOTE: the Me Inc. session does not include writing a business plan.
Workshop cost: Free.
- Nakusp: June 22nd (6:30-8:00pm)
- Crawford Bay: June 28th (2:00-3:30pm)
- Nelson: July 12th (6:30-8:30pm)
- Invermere: July 26th (2:00-4:00pm)
Social Enterprise/ENP Workshops
Attending our Social Enterprise workshop will provide you with:
- an overview of the steps taken in planning and developing a social enterprise (a non-profit that earns revenues)
- different models for making revenues as a non-profit
- an evaluation of the readiness of your organization to start generating revenues
- funding options and strategies. You will also come away meeting the prerequisite for the ENP grant application.Can’t make this session? Contact the BBA program for free one-on-one support.
Cost: $50.00 (includes refreshments/lunch and workbooks)
Register and pay using the links below or call 1.855.510.2227
** Also consider a Me Inc. if you are a social enterprise exploring new business activity ideas.