The Basin Business Advisors Program (BBA) supports and inspires entrepreneurship and builds economic capacity in Basin communities by strengthening and supporting existing businesses.
We provide free, one-to-one, confidential business advisement and assessment services to commercialized businesses assisting in creating and sustaining jobs and/or bringing wealth into the Columbia Basin region.
We can help assess and advise the readiness of a business to employ technology and/or areas where a business would benefit from technology adoption.
Common areas of support include:
- improving profitability
- preparing for growth
- cash flow and financial management;
- human resources;
- financial analysis;
- business and strategic planning;
- competitive analysis;
- target market analysis;
- general business viability;
- preparing for financing;
- succession planning;
- comparing your business to your industry;
- employing technology; and
We provide you with advisement and the tools to manage your business – you make the decisions and implement!
*Please note our program does not provide any form of financial assistance including loans or grants.
In order to be successful, our program requires the interest, commitment and time of the participating business owner. You must be willing to openly discuss business situations, disclose critical issues that impact your business and share confidential business financial information with our advisors. Please note we will use nondisclosure agreements.
Your business must be:
- headquartered or management based in the Columbia Basin map;
- a for-profit business that is actively conducting business and earning revenue;
- in compliance with all Canadian laws and regulations; and
- registered and have a business number.
What types of businesses that are ineligible?
- concept or start-up businesses that have not generated revenue including social enterprises;
- multi-level marketing businesses; and
- chain stores
Not sure if you’re eligible?Contact Us and we can talk about it!
Consulting Cost Sharing
Our Advisors may recommend the services of a specialized independent business consultant to provide further analysis and recommendations on a specific area of business management. The BBA program provides a contribution to the cost of specialized business consulting services.
Ready to get started?
Each business is required to complete our online application form. The information gathered helps our Advisors to determine your businesses’ eligibility. Once we receive your application form, an Advisor will be in touch to further discuss your needs.
Apply for services, we’ll be in touch!
Have questions before you apply? Contact Us and we can talk about it!