Our objective is to work with existing business owners and non-profit organizations throughout the Columbia Basin to help strengthen their businesses. We provide free, confidential business counselling and assessment services to help you identify issues and opportunities.
Common areas of support include:
- financial analysis;
- cash flow and financial management;
- business and strategic planning;
- human resources;
- competitive analysis;
- target market analysis;
- general business viability;
- preparing for financing;
- succession planning;
- comparing your business to your industry; and
We provide you with advisement and the tools to manage your business – you make the decisions and implement!
*Please note our program does not provide any form of financial assistance including loans or grants.
In order to be successful, our program requires the interest, commitment and time of the participating business owner. You must be willing to openly discuss business situations, disclose critical issues that impact your business and share confidential business financial information with our advisors. Please note we will use nondisclosure agreements.
To participate in the program, your business MUST be:
- headquartered in the Columbia Basin map;
- a for-profit business that is actively conducting business and earning revenue;
- in compliance with all Canadian laws and regulations; and
- registered and have a business number.
Additional considerations we will review to determine the level of service you are eligible to receive. You:
- have employees or are in a position to employ; and/or
- have a business location or have intention to move your home business to a business location; and/or
- have investment in the business – this could include equipment, inventory, land, tools, or other assets necessary to conduct business; and/or
- are currently exporting out of the Columbia Basin or your intent is to start exporting.
What types of businesses that are ineligible?
- concept or start-up businesses that have not generated revenue including social enterprises;
- self-employed individuals that do not have a business location or investment in their business;
- multi-level marketing businesses; and
- chain stores or franchises.
Considering starting a business? Here are some resources.
Not sure if you’re eligible? Contact Us and we can talk about it!
Consulting Cost Sharing
Our Advisors may recommend the services of a specialized independent business consultant to provide further analysis and recommendations on a specific area of business management. The BBA program provides a contribution to the cost of specialized business consulting services.
Ready to get started?
Each participant is required to complete our online application form. The information gathered helps our advisors to determine your businesses’ eligibility. Once we receive your application form, an advisor will be in touch to further discuss your needs.
Apply for services, we’ll be in touch!
Have questions before you apply? Contact Us and we can talk about it!