A Regional Focus for Basin Business Owners
The Basin Business Advisors Program (BBA) supports and inspires entrepreneurship and builds economic capacity in Basin communities by strengthening and supporting existing businesses. We provide free, one-to-one, confidential business advisement to businesses in the Columbia Basin region. Our advisors are current or prior business owners who have worked and lived in our region and know how to get things done.
Common areas of support include:
- Strategic planning
- Business continuity planning
- Climate change adaptation
- Financial Reporting and management
- Cashflow management
- Organization Development
- Job Descriptions
- Recruiting and retaining key positions
- Succession planning
Marketing and Growth Management
- Growth Strategy
- Online and e-commerce strategy
- Preparing for financing
- Large project and investment implementation
- Mergers and Acquisitions
How to Access this Service
Eligible businesses must be:
- headquartered or management based in the Columbia Basin region;
- a for-profit business that is actively conducting business and earning revenue;
- in compliance with all Canadian laws and regulations; and
- registered and have a business number.
Ineligible businesses include:
- concept or start-up businesses that have not generated revenue;
- multi-level marketing businesses;
- regulated industries such as cannabis/tobacco production or retail liquor sales; and
- franchise owners or businesses
Not sure if you’re eligible? Contact Us and we can talk about it!
Consulting Cost Sharing
Our Advisors may recommend the services of a specialized independent business consultant to provide further analysis and recommendations on a specific area of business management. The BBA program provides a contribution to the cost of specialized business consulting services.
Ready to get started?
Each business is required to complete our online application form and a needs assessment will be completed by our team which could include a referral to our business advisory services.
Have questions before you apply? Contact Us and we can talk about it!
If you are an Agriculture Based Business, you may prefer to reach out to our Agricultural Specialist. Learn More.