2023 On-Farm Recruiting and Readiness Series
Join us for a 4-session workshop series to learn about employer skills that will help you recruit the right employees for your farm business and retain trained staff season to season.
- craft your farm and job descriptions to attract the right talent
- plan your organization’s design and policies and procedures for a successful season
- prepare for upcoming recruiting opportunities for seasonal agriculture workers
- learn about subsidies and other support services available to your farm
To register, please fill out the form below.
Getting Ready to Hire for this Season
April 6, 11 am PDT 90 minutes
Level up your hiring plan for the 2023 production season. In this webinar, you will learn the basics of getting your farm ready to find the people who will make your season great. Learn about:
- Writing appealing job descriptions for agriculture
- How to pitch your farm as an attractive place to work
- Safety and compliance for agriculture businesses
- Employment regulations for on and off the farm
- Wage planning and budgets
Getting Ready to Hire for this Season - Working Group Office Hours
April 11, 11 am PDT 90 minutes
Each Tuesday morning, we will host live video working groups and breakout sessions where you can bring items and work in progress and ask questions to receive assistance. Break-out rooms will be available.
Finding the Right Candidates for your Farm
April 13, 11 am PDT 90 minutes
Recruiting suitable candidates is critical to success on the farm. This session will outline where and how you can find the superstars who you want on your team this year. Find out about:
- Where to advertise so candidates can find you
- Different types of wage support programs and recruiting support
- Various employment models that are available to you, such as Co-op students and retraining programs
- Interview techniques and tips to match skills and culture to your team
- Onboarding and retention best practices
Finding the Right Candidates for your Farm - Working Group Office Hours
April 18, 11 am PDT 90 minutes
Each Tuesday morning, we will host live video working groups and breakout sessions where you can bring items and work in progress ask questions to receive assistance. Break out rooms will be available.